Friday, March 11, 2011

Impressionism


Impressionism is an art movement developed in France during  the 19th century. This movement has been based off of my work. After all I am one of the founders of this movement.  This movement had all started in 1874 when  artists such as myself came together. We were known as the Anonymous Society of Painters. We had organized an exhibition displaying our arts, thus creating the impressionist movement. The movement’s name came  to be after I painted the Impression, Sunrise. Crtic Louis Leroy claimed that this painting was unfinished and that it was an “impression”.  In my painting, I tried to demonstrate that as an independent artist, I use many different techniques. I paint with short strokes, that don’t fully show as a complete form.  All the colors on my painting are unblended. What I emphasize most in my art is light whether it is a reflection or a shadow. I also use bright colors so that I catch the attention  to any human eye. The image of uptown and countryside leisure was most popular amongst the impressionnists. What I liked to do was to focus on modernizing the scenery and environment by including the enhancement on industrialization such as newly built railroads or factories. Impressionists had also painted new forms of leisure such as concerts, dances, cafes, and dramatic entertainment. Although, the impressionist movement had later come to an end when some of the last exhibitions were displayed in 1886. This had led to the beginning of a new art stage, the avante-garden art.

No comments:

Post a Comment