Friday, March 11, 2011

Introducing my Arts!

I had begun my series of art works in 1890. At this time, I had started my Field of Poppies, Poplars, and Haystacks series. Ever since I was a little child, I had recognized the landscape as an extra challenge or skill added to my life as a painter. While I was at Giverny, I had thought to myself, why not build a water lily pond. By 1891, I built a water lily pond in my Giverny Garden. I have painted numerous amounts of paintings based off of this pond. I concentrated on the light, the color, and the space of the pond. As I paint, I become fascinated with the vision that water creates. I try to recreate that texture into my paintings along with the reflections it makes. One of my more famous paintings was the "Water Lilies". In 1899, I started what I called the twenty-seven-year cycle of Water Landcapes. When I started I began painting in the Savoy Hotel in London. Later, I started painting from memory.  Another one of My famous painting was called the  "Red Boats at Argenteuil". This was simply a painting focusing on the blue strokes of the water and the reflection from above. In my "Spring Trees by the Lake", that was a painting that best described the definition of impressionism. This best describes impressionism because the many leaves caused an illusion and it created that feeling where the leaves are coming out. In my last years, I spent my time dedicated to the Grandes Decorations. This was a mural that was made to make myself feel as if I was in my garden. Overall, in my years of being an artist I have created hundreds of artworks and I am happy for doing what I do best.

3 comments:

  1. It just so happens that I remember what you and many other artists did with art. It is so beautiful. I really enjoyed viewing it. The movement may have been my influence to continue work as an artist.

    Picasso

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Mr. Claude Monet
    I praise and adore your painting as a woman and a fellow Impressionist artist. Your paintings are beautiful and elegant and truly exhibit the wonders of art and impressionism. Your ability to create the illusion of falling leaves impresses me, which in fact is the whole point of impressionism-To draw an artist's first impression. I am inspired by your work and hope you continue working hard.
    -Berthe Morisot

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mr. Monet,
    I must say, my favorite art is of the traditionalist type, but perhaps there is enough room in the world for your art as well. Truly, your art is inspiring and I have been inspired to add a garden to Vienna now. Thank you for your contributions to the world, dear sir.
    Regards,
    Karl Lueger

    ReplyDelete